Pakistan's Best Heritage Site: Lahore Fort

One of my all-time favorite UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site in Pakistan is Lahore Fort. I absolutely adore the grandeur and splendor of Alamgiri Gate of Lahore Fort.
Lately during one of my recent visits to Lahore, I stole a few minutes while travelling on GT Road to capture some images of Lahore Fort, that I promised to send to a friend abroad. Since I did not have much time at hand, so while I was entering Lahore on a family trip, I just parked my car in the parking lot, brought ice cream for kids and went inside to take the photos.
It was a long time since I visited this place but I found it as magical and attractive as ever before.
Lahore Fort and Badshahi Mosque face each other and offer a great heritage tour, if someone plans to visit there. Where else can you find so many historical places in near vicinity to each other?
Although "Lahore Fort & Shalamar Gardens" is included in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Danger, but still Lahore Fort is a huge fort with a lot of historical buildings, monuments and gardens. Badshahi Mosque has a magnificent museum depicting various items of Muslim history. Between these two mammoth structures lies the Bara-Dari (Building with 12 doors), that you can see in the abovepicture as well.
Minar-e-Pakistan (Minaret of Pakistan) is also located across the road, which is a modern architecture building. It was constructed to commemorate the passage of Pakistan Resolution on 23 March 1940.
I will get some more photos to share with you as soon as I visit the place again - which I am anxiously waiting as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment